Monday, May 28, 2007

Retail therapy

I've been working hard lately and this afternoon at about 1:17 p.m. I hit a wall. I couldn't type another word. I needed to get out. I needed to get in my car and just drive away somewhere.

Now, you might imagine the sort of nice places I could drive, places like Ambleside or up Grouse Mountain or Lonsdale Quay or Commercial Drive. Endless possibilities in this beautiful city. I went to London Drugs. Well, you know, I needed a notebook.

Indeed I bought a notebook, which cost $1.29. However, the bill I paid before exiting London Drugs was, um, a little more than that. I love London Drugs. And you can be sure I never, ever buy anything I don't want.

So that was all it took. I am now all set to get back to work. Well, I have to, don't I? I spent $141.73 at freakin' London Drugs!

No comments: