Monday, July 30, 2007

Castles in the Sand


Well, I got my last couple of work files completed this morning and have fended off any more. RH and I are off to the grandly-named Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa tomorrow for three days of relaxation -- we hope. I’m a little dubious. I made, perhaps, a mistake in browsing a few online review sites to see how the hotel rates, and unfortunately it doesn’t do very well. Lots of complaints about Motel 6 rooms for Hyatt prices, excessive noise all night long, unresponsive staff, poor food in the restaurants. I was also unhappy to read that unless you booked spa appointments at least four to six weeks ahead of arrival (which I did not), you wouldn’t get so much as a plucked eyebrow.

However, this trip is by way of using a gift certificate RH received as a retirement gift, so if we hate the place, we just won’t stay. It isn’t as if we’re travelling far. And if nothing else, the sand castles will be there for viewing, which should be fun. I’ve never seen them in person.

However, if we don’t stay, I’m not letting my office know I’m back, so mum’s the word!

No comments: