Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Still here

Hello, Blogworld! Sorry I haven't been posting much in awhile but my work continues crazily busy, and when I'm done for the day the last thing I feel like doing is typing some more. I did try and post a blog with some of my thoughts on this graduation time of year, but the site refused to post it. Oh, it said it posted it. It assured me it had every time I tried, which was several and in various ways. But alas, it has not actually appeared. I have graduation on my mind because my wonderful niece Emily is about to take that step. Can't wait to see some pics of her in her dress!

Katie, my blogmaster, might be able to figure out the problem, but as she is also my work trainee, she's as busy as I am with that and we have no time for frivolities. She did take time last week to help me choose my new lino for the bathrooms and laundry room, being that she is also my decorator. We wear a lot of hats with each other. It's all a bit inbred, isn't it?

I'm excited about the lino. Once that's installed the primary indoor home improvements will be done. Outdoors we're nearly ready; with all the sunny weather of late Rob's almost got the deck repairs completed.

We're still going out looking at houses from time to time. Looked at one last night that was pretty close, and if it were a year from now and I was getting more desperate, we might have considered it more seriously. But at this point I don't want to buy a house that's "close". I want The One. I want to step in and know that I'm home. I haven't felt that way about any we've seen to date.

So not too much else new around here. Retired Husband has had absolutely no trouble relearning how to sleep in after all those years of getting up at 5:30 a.m. It's 8:20 in the morning as I'm writing this and he's still happily lazing in bed. I think retirement is the best thing that's ever happened to him! Broken Boy is still a bit gloomy of spirits and painful of leg, but working as many recording hours as he can. Redcar Girl continues to enjoy working at the gym and she's made some nice -- and extremely fit! -- new friends. She's been out on the Grouse Grind a few times since it opened for the season recently and is working hard at getting her time down. Anything under an hour is considered admirable and she's down to 50 minutes. If anyone wants to come and try it out, I'm sure she'd love to be your guide!

And me? I type. I type and type and type and type and type. And sometimes I stop for a cup of tea and a stretch. And then I type some more.

No comments: