Monday, February 5, 2007

I want my life back!

I blame Katie. She knows how competitive I am. I'm a firstborn, for God's sake. It's genetically programmed. But she still had to tell me she had a blog.
I know, I know. She tried to keep it from me. For months I was blissfully unaware. But then she caved, and she told me, and now I am in the first circles of blog hell.
First of all, I have to figure out how to make my blog cooler than hers, and since hers is pretty mad cool, and since she is far more computer-literate than I am, and since she is tall and that just helps with everything in general, I have millenia of work ahead of me and at best scant decades left to live. I don't know how to do anything. I have to learn it all!!
But we might as well forget about all that, anyway, because I don't have any time for that. Nor do I have time for eating, sleeping, going to the bathroom, acknowledging my loved ones, or earning any money. Because there are too many blogs out there. One leads to another, and another, and another...and then you find a good one, like Crazy Aunt Purl* (I don't knit, as you know, but this woman is hysterical!), and you have to go right back to the beginning of her blog and read everything she's written right up to the present.
And it's not just blogs, either, of course. People have links to other cool sites within their blogs, so then you have to go there, too. Catster. Have you been there? OH MY GOD. Save yourself. Don't go there. I don't know why you'd listen to me; I didn't listen when I was warned, and I went there. And now I have no life away from this computer.
Farewell, cruel world. I live in Blogtown now.
*One of the things I need to learn how to do is make references like this into links. On the other hand, that's what Google is for, right?

No comments: